Vocal Provision – Support for your School and After School Provision
The Coventry Vocal Offer
The Coventry Vocal Offer will aim to ensure that all children and young people have the opportunity to benefit from high quality vocal and singing tuition delivered by skilled practitioners.
During the programme pupils will;
• Develop, extend and improve their vocal technique
• Undertake age appropriate yet challenging vocal activities
• Follow a programme which is culturally diverse and connected to the National Curriculum
• Develop skills such as collaboration, team-working and work to build confidence and self-esteem
• Be offered the opportunity to perform their work to an audience
Key Stage 1 & 2
Key Stage 1 and 2 Vocal sessions will provide:
• Vocal warm ups and singing activities
• Singing rhymes, singing games, movement and action songs
• Enjoyment of singing in a fun and exciting way
• A development and understanding of good vocal technique through warm-ups and exercises
• Experience of whole class singing
Key Stage 3 & 4
Vocal provision at Key Stage 3 and 4 will provide:
• Improved vocal technique, building upon skills developed in Key Stage 1 and 2
• Experience of a range of vocal experiences including rock, pop, classical, musical theatre and culturally diverse repertoire
• Specialist vocal teaching
• Opportunity for external vocal exams
The Coventry Vocal offer also includes after school provision to enable pupils to benefit from extending their learning beyond the classroom into regional and city-wide after-school groups.
For group times and venues please see below.
Members can expect to develop and improve the following from all of the groups:
• Vocal technique
• Self confidence, self esteem and social skills
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Personal achievement
• Age appropriate repertoire
• Performance skills and performance opportunities
• Theatre trip opportunities
An important partnership has been established with Armonico Consort – a nationally recognised choir based in Warwick, who will be leading in the after-school element of the Coventry Singing Strategy.
AC Choirs (8-12)
Two Armonico Consort Academies have been established for children aged 8 – 12 years.
• AC Academy West on a Monday at St. John’s Church of England School from 5pm – 6.15pm
• AC Academy East on a Wednesday at St. Mary and St. Benedict’s School from 4.15pm – 5.30 pm
AC Academy Pro (13-20)
The choral group is aimed at singers who wish to take their performance to another level and is supported by the professionals of the Armonico Consort. In 2014 the group staged West Side Story at the Belgrade Theatre alongside a professional orchestra and West End Soloists. In 2015 they are presenting selections from Les Miserables.
AC School Choir Creation Scheme
Armonico Consort will be working with a number of primary schools in a Choir Creation Scheme. This will involve an Armonico specialist vocal leader working with a school for a number of weeks, providing professional development for its staff, and leaving the legacy of a high-quality choral programme in each school. This scheme is free of charge but requires a commitment to establishing a high quality choir with a long term future.
Ongoing Support for School Choirs
CPA vocal staff are available to come and help sustain the choirs set up by the Armonico Consort Choir Creation Scheme – please telephone for details.
“High-quality vocal work is planned and used extensively throughout every aspect of musical activity, in every key stage” (Generic Code Descriptors – Music. Quality of Curriculum in Music (Ofsted. December 2013))
To book this course please fill out our booking form here
Or contact the CPA office:
Phone: 02476 788575