Foundation Music helps children to develop a positive sense of themselves, to form relationships and respect for others, as well as developing social skills and the ability to manage their feelings. Together with this children also develop the following:
- Self confidence and self awareness
- Managing feelings and behaviour
- Good listening
- Speech and language
- Skills in counting, understanding and using numbers, shapes etc
- Working together
- Sing simple songs from memory
- Listen and respond to music with hand and whole body movements.
- Sing simple action songs
- Explore loud and quiet sounds – vocally and with instruments
- Move to a steady beat
- Play instruments to a steady beat
- Express feelings in music
- Create and perform a variety of sound sequences
For a discussion about your school’s specific needs, or a tailored programme to complement existing school topics, please telephone 024 7678 8575.